If you are a Snapchat user, you might know the timer is a feature that lets you decide how much time the receiver may see the Snap.
But how to turn timer off on Snapchat? To turn it off, you have to open the timer option and cancel the timer. You can also adjust the timer from a range of 1 to 10.
What Is the Snapchat Timer?
You may manage the duration for which your receivers can view your Snaps with the use of the Snapchat Timer tool. The timer has a range of 1 to 10 seconds that you may specify.
By using the infinite option, you may also choose to let your receivers watch your Snaps for as long as they like. The moment your Snap is sent, the Snapchat Timer begins to count down.
Your Snap will vanish from your recipient’s screen after the timer goes off. You may send another Snap to simply reset the timer and extend the duration that your Snap is displayed.
How Does Snapchat Timer Work?
The Snapchat Timer has some special features of its own. You should know about these features:
- All Snaps are subject to the timer, including text, video, and captioned Snaps.
- Even if your receiver doesn’t open your Snap straight away, the timer begins to run as soon as you send it.
- The timer can only be reset by sending another Snap. The countdown period will continue if you close the Snap without sending it.
- Your receiver won’t be able to see your Snap if the timer goes off before they open it.
- Managing the duration with the help of the Snapchat Timer can be an enjoyable method to build tension or suspense.
How To Turn Timer Off on Snapchat?
Follow these steps accordingly if you want to know how to turn the timer off on Snapchat:
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on the stopwatch icon on the right of the screen.
3. This will open the Video timer settings.
4. Now, click on “Cancel” at the bottom of the screen.
5. This will remove the stopwatch icon and the timer option from Snapchat.
How to Set Timer on Snapchat?
So far you know how to turn timer off on Snapchat. If you want to turn it on again, his is how you do it:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Snap a picture or take a video.
- Tap the timer symbol in the top right corner of the screen before sending the Snap.
- You may adjust the preferred duration for your Snap by dragging the slider that shows up.
- To decrease or lengthen the time limit, drag the slider to the left or right.
- Additionally, you may select precise time frames ranging from one to ten seconds.
- Once the time restriction is acceptable to you, press the “Send” button.
- The recipient of your Snap will now get it with the chosen time restriction.
Can I Edit the Time of a Saved Snap?
Yes, you can modify a saved Snap’s timing. This is how to do it:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on the Memories tab.
- Locate the Snap that you wish to change.
- Press and hold the three dots located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Edit Snap”.
- Now, tap the timer symbol in the upper corner of the screen.
- Decide how long you want your snap to last.
- Tap the save option.
Is the Hourglass Emoji Related to Snapchat Timer?
Snap streaks are connected to both the Snapchat timer and the hourglass emoji on Snapchat. A Snap streak is the total number of days in a row that two Snapchat users have sent each other pictures.
If a user hasn’t snapped someone in the past 24 hours, the hourglass emoji shows up next to their name. The user is being reminded to send a snap in order to maintain their Snap streak.
On the Snap streak page, the Snapchat timer appears. It indicates how much time is remaining before the Snap streak finishes.
How to Make Snapchat Timer Longer Than 10 Seconds?
You can extend the duration of your Snapchat timer beyond 10 seconds in two ways:
Method 1: Combine Snaps
- Begin recording your Snap in the same manner as usual.
- When the allotted ten seconds have elapsed, end the recording.
- Start capturing another Snap right away.
- Once you’ve captured the full moment you want to share, keep taking more Snaps.
- After all of your Snaps have been recorded, press the “Next” button.
- Your Snaps will be automatically combined into a single movie by Snapchat.
- Now you may proceed as usual with editing and effect additions to your video.
- Once you’re done, hit “Send” to send your friends a link to your video.
Method 2: Use 3rd Party Apps
Snapchat films that are longer than ten seconds can be recorded using a variety of third-party apps. You can use the following well-known third-party applications to record Snapchat videos that are longer than ten seconds:
- GB Snapchat
After installing any of these applications, all you have to do is launch it and begin taking Snaps. Your Snap will be automatically recorded by the app if it lasts more than ten seconds.
How Do You Save Snaps without Time Limit?
Snaps may be stored in a few different methods that don’t expire. Here are a handful of the most popular techniques:
Take a Screenshot
The easiest method for saving a Snap without a time constraint is taking a screenshot. It’s crucial to remember that when you screenshot the Snap, the original sender will be alerted.
Use a Screen Capture App
Numerous screens recording applications are accessible for iOS and Android smartphones. You may record your device’s screen using these apps, including any visible Snaps.
Use a Third-party App
A multitude of third-party applications are available for saving Snaps indefinitely. Usually, these applications function by catching the Snaps before they are removed from your smartphone.
Add the Snap to your Snapchat Story
A Snap that you publish to your Snapchat Story will only be accessible for a whole day. If you want to have the Snap around for a longer amount of time, this would be a smart choice.
Send Yourself a Snap
The Snap will be stored in your Memories if you send it to yourself. If you wish to store the Snap forever, this is an excellent choice.
How to Turn Timer off on Snapchat – FAQs
Is it possible to adjust the timer after sending a Snap?
No. You may still modify the timing afterward after saving the Snap to your Memories.
What happens if I miss a Snapchat streak?
You’ll have to begin a new streak once your current one ends.
What does Snapchat’s hourglass emoji mean?
It means that your streak is going to end.
Does saving Snaps without a time limit violate the terms of Snapchat?
Yes. Snapchat can suspend your account.
Can I see a snap after it has disappeared?